Re: Patches from RedHat for GNOME stylesheets.

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 10:58, Eric Baudais wrote:

> I think Daniel has stated the problem in his previous emails.  When
> modifying XSLT templates all templates are essentially "internal."  If
> we want to do any serious customization of the NW stylesheets the
> "internal" templates will need to be modified.  We need to get a
> guarantee from Norm that the template names will not change as well as
> their global behavior.  Then we can customize from a stable base and
> not worry about the templates changing every version.  Once this is
> has been implemented I believe we can re-evaluate the way we
> distribute and import the NW stylesheets.

There's a second reason to include our own copy of Norm's stylesheets -
the difficulty of ensuring end users have the stylesheet properly
installed and registered with the xml catalog. One reason we set things
up the way we did in Yelp was that that installing the stylesheets
oourselves was the easiest way to make sure that happened.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead