Re: Patches from RedHat for GNOME stylesheets.

 --- John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net> wrote: > On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 11:01,
Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> > Our customization layer was based on 1.45, and it didn't work with 1.48
> > (and probably later) because Norm has changed some template names.  I
> > didn't follow recent  development - maybe this has been fixed, but we
> > definitely must test the customization stylesheet  with various versions
> > of Norm's stylesheets to make sure they work OK before making this
> > change.
> >

> As soon as we do this, we're at risk of a change in the "current"
> stylesheet breaking our customization. I don't mind bumping up from 1.45
> once the testing is done, but last time we used "current" problems
> ensued.

The "why don't we just use current instead of specific version" issue has
been around for ages. There are two ways really:

	* we have one version which we support for any gnome x.y, vendors
	  that want to use another are on their own and we won't fix (or
	  even care about) those bugs vebdors create for themselves

	* we support current and vendors are on their own on porting any new
	  features and bugfixes if they don't want to move to the new versions