Re: Patches from RedHat for GNOME stylesheets.

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 06:47, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > I'm certainly willing to help. If you tell me what your customization
> > layer is using, I'll tell you how stable I think it is. And I'll try
> > to avoid changes to those areas.
>
>    thanks !!!
> Alexander, John, can you look at this ?

Sure. Other people have done the stylesheet work, so it would be good
for them to jump in as well, but I probably need to familiarize myself
with them, so this is a good chance.

> > The HTML stylesheet API is stabilizing, I think. The FO stylesheet is
> > still in a bit softer state because FO processors aren't all
> > "state-of-the-art" yet and there's a bunch of workarounds in there.
>
>   At the moment I think the concerns are mostly for HTML generation
> for the on-line help. FO->PDF is still done on a case by case basis
> and I think at least from our point there is less pressure to get
> an API for that part,

Yes, we're not really using FO at all in any generalized way, so no
worries there yet for us. (Many of our docs use tables extensively, and
the fo->table issue seemed scary when I looked at, so I just played
tetris instead. :-) I think we should start using FO and making pdfs,
and we're likely to start soon, but we're not doing it now.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead