Re: scrollkeeper omf files

Дана пон, 22-12-2003 у 02:56, Malcolm Tredinnick је написао:

Thank you both Malcolm and Eric, now understand omf better.

> > BTW. For gtranslator it is:<subject
> > category="Development|Development Tools|Other> but first I thought it is
> > better to use GNOME|Application|Programming as it is where this program
> > is put in menu after installation.)

> I do not understand the other part of your question here.

As far as I know with every gnome application there is appropriate
"desktop" file included in package archive in data dir. For gedit it is
gedit.desktop and in this case it contains item:
Categories=Application;Utility;TextEditor;

I thought these categories are in sync with at least GNOME categories in
mentioned scrollkeeper_cl.xml file. Maybe not important at all.

> Do NOT translate scrollkeeper_cl.xml. That is translated as part of the
> scrollkeeper package via the translation project
> (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/index.html).

Ok, found it! Had 0.3.12 installed. Danilo did translation.

> > 5. What to do with "holder" attribute of "rights" element - to mention
> > translator's name or original person(organisation) name?
>
> You can have multiple 'rights' entries, so make a new one for your
> translation. This is the correct way to do it in all cases, since your
> copyright claims are different from those of the original author. For
> example, the original document might be copyright 2001 - 2003, whereas
> the translated version may only have been done in 2003, so its copyright
> year is different as well.

I suppose you are here talking about this "copyright" element that
translator should add to gtranslator.xml - in this case:

<copyright>
  <year>when translator did translation</year>
  <holder>translator's name</holder>
</copyright>

It (date of translation) is not included in omf unless you suggest to do
that this way:
<rights type="GNU FDL" license.version="1.1" holder="All rights
reserved, **2003** translator's name"/> or "date" element in omf refers
to translation date and not original document creation date?

> If anything I said above is unclear (or wrong, which is also possible),
> sing out. We need to fix this stuff so that it's clear to everybody.

I am pretty sure, I'll have some new questions when come to yelp stage;)

> Cheers,
> Malcolm

Cheers,
Slobodan Sredojevic