Re: verb mode to use for undo commands

On 2 Sep 2002, Calum Benson wrote:

> FWIW, on other platforms, applications that support this aren't quite so
> helpful... they would normally go with "Undo Change Title" (i.e. just
> state the name of the command that was used), or "Undo Title Change"
> (i.e. mangle the name of the command so that it reads a little better).

Even to me, these don't sound any English at all.

> If you want to include the resource name, my suggestion based on general
> HIG menu title rules would be "Undo <resource name> <prop_name> Change",
> e.g. "Undo FORM3 Title Change".

Without the resource names, it becomes totally unusable, since a typical
project can easily have 10+ resources, and even resources of different
type share a lot of property names.

> It would probably be nicer if things like "FORM3" and "FIELD1" weren't
> in all caps by default though, it looks kind of horrible :/

I've looked at some PalmOS resource files and all-caps seems to be the
tradition.

> > and then we can come up with good solutions for them (for example, 'Toggle
> > editability of FIELD1' sounds horrible but I'm kinda lost with that one).
>
> "Undo FIELD1 Editable State" maybe?  What is the label of the checkbox
> or command that lets you change it?  Not "Editability" I hope :)

Well, it's "Editable" with a Yes/No togglebutton (like Glade).

Thanks,
	Gergo

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what