Re: verb mode to use for undo commands

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 18:27, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> Now, what should LABEL look like? Which one sounds better for native
> English speakers:
> 	Undo: Change [the] title of FORM3
> or
> 	Undo: Changing [the] title of FORM3
> ? Or some other wording?

FWIW, on other platforms, applications that support this aren't quite so
helpful... they would normally go with "Undo Change Title" (i.e. just
state the name of the command that was used), or "Undo Title Change"
(i.e. mangle the name of the command so that it reads a little better).

If you want to include the resource name, my suggestion based on general
HIG menu title rules would be "Undo <resource name> <prop_name> Change",
e.g. "Undo FORM3 Title Change".

It would probably be nicer if things like "FORM3" and "FIELD1" weren't
in all caps by default though, it looks kind of horrible :/

> and then we can come up with good solutions for them (for example, 'Toggle
> editability of FIELD1' sounds horrible but I'm kinda lost with that one).

"Undo FIELD1 Editable State" maybe?  What is the label of the checkbox
or command that lets you change it?  Not "Editability" I hope :)

Cheeri,
Calum.