Re: Location of docs-on-the-web (was summarizing same)

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 01:38, Pat Costello wrote:
> John Fleck sez:
>

> >No, we're not suggesting moving the originals of the docs from their
> >current cvs homes. We're just talking about how to organize a web tree
> >structure that will display them. Jeff's web tree magic will pull copies
> >from their original cvs home automagically.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >John
> >
> Right, that's what I thought. In that case, I would suggest reflecting
> the structure that we already have in the Yelp Help browser contents,
> rather than reflecting the cvs directory structure. The latter is
> immaterial to users. Also, reflecting the browser information structure
> will create a familiar environment for users lookinig for this material.
> Sure, the Yelp Help browser does not contain all of the developer and
> project documentation such as the GDSG, nevertheless, we can use the
> same alphabetical-based  subject lists for the non-user documentation as
> well..

Fair enough. Which means the web structure would, in effect, mimic the
ScrollKeeper categories?

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead