Re: complaint

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:36:26PM +0100, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> The GUP make the HIG available in the following ways:
>
> * Online HTML (chunked using the GDP customization stylesheets)
> * Downloadable tarred and zipped HTML (presumably also chunked)
> * PDF

I would like it if, in general, any multi-page HTML documents we put on
the web is available in these formats as well. Even if that just means a
link to the gnome-doc section of the ftp site to avoid filling up the
CVS module (although if we keep them with the website they can be
auto-generated upon checkin, which is pretty simple).

I have probably received two dozen requests for downloadable PDF or html
tarball versions of the porting document over the past few months (and
they are the ones who bothered to email and couldn't work out how to do
it for themselves from the CVS source, so they score "plus one minus
one" for their efforts).

If you look over the documentation portions of the website and what is
in CVS we _really_ need to do a cleaning up of things.

I'll sernd more mail on this when I get some time (busy at work right
now).

Malcolm