Re: complaint

All,

The comments from both John Boyer and Ray Koopman show that there is a need for
us to make the GNOME User Guide more generally available. How could we do this?
Perhaps we could have a location on the GNOME website where we make the latest
GNOME User Guide available in a variety of formats, as well as shipping with the
deskop for viewing in Yelp. We could then put the URL into the Where to Find
More Information sections in the Introduction and Overview type documents.

This would need a bit of updating work and maintaining to make sure that the
latest versions are available from the GNOME website location. There seems to be
a demand, so we would be providing a needed piece of user support.

Any other views or ideas how we can help these users?

Pat

> To: Pat Costello <Patrick Costello sun com>
> cc: docs gnome org, <koopman sfu ca>
> Subject: Re: complaint
>
> Pat,
> It would be nice for me and other blind users if the Gnome User's Guide
> were available as a single large html file or as an online book. Pdf files
> are likely to be a disaster.
> Thanks.
> John
>  On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Pat Costello wrote:
>
> > I think that printing out Help is a useful feature that many users would
> > appreciate. As we are putting pre-generated html files into the GNOME
package to
> > speed up the Yelp display of Help files, then it must be possible to add a
Print
> > functionality to Yelp. The Print button could print out the pre-gen html
files.
> > Maybe you would like to put this topic into bugzilla?
> >
> > As well as html files of Help, there is a generic pdf file of the GNOME 2.1
User