Re: UI Freeze and docs updated

On Thu May 16 Chris Lyttle wrote:

The Sun documentation team have put back quite a number of applet, application
and utility manuals into CVS. There are a few manuals still outstanding that we
will put back this week or next week. For clarification, I have attached a text
file to this mail detailing our putbacks. All of the manuals in CVS are
up-to-date, technically-correct, style guide compliant, and validated using
xmllint. Also, they are all accompanied by a validated omf file. These manuals
all work as far as Yelp is concerned, but there are still some issues involved
in pulling the manuals into Yelp during the build. These issues concern all
manuals.

As I said in the note to Jon Allen earlier today, I haven't been able to access
the doctable to do any updates. There is no need for anyone to work on the
manuals in the attached list.

Pat

> I did see however that we still have the majority of the temp doctable
> that John put up empty. We really need people to step up and start working
> on this now with the release deadline approaching rapidly.
> If you feel unable to handle this right now, or just want some help in
> area's like getting the docs to actually work please let the list know.
>
> The following is taken from the doctable as to what docs are
> working/non-working;
>
> Docs working in GNOME2;
>
> Gnome-games; all except thos that dont have docs and xbill (no help item)
> Gnome-utils; only gnome-search-tool
>
> Docs not working in GNOME2;
> Everything else!

Applet Manuals Already in CVS:
==============================

cdplayer		gnome-applets /cdplayer/docs/C
character palette	gnome-applets/charpick/help/C
clock			gnome-panel/applets/ gen_util/help/C/clock
command line		gnome-applets/mini-commander /help/C
geyes			gnome-applets/geyes/docs/C
stock ticker		gnome-applets/gtik/help/C
volume control		gnome-applets/mixer/docs/C
wanda			gnome-panel/applets/fish/help/C
weather report		gnome-applets/gweather/docs/C
window list		gnome-panel/applets /gen_util/help/C/window-list
workspace switcher	gnome-panel/applets /gen_util/help/C/workspace-switcher

Applet Manuals Soon to Go Back:
===============================

Dictionary lookup		To go back this week.
inbox monitor			To go back this week.
keyboard layout switcher	To go back this week or next week.

Application Manuals Already in CVS:
===================================

Archive Generator	gnome-utils/meat-grinder/help/C
Calculator		gnome-utils/gcalc/help/C
CD Player 		gnome-media/gnome-cd/doc/C
Character Map		gnome-utils/gcharmap/help/C
Eye of GNOME		eog/help/C
Gedit 			gedit/help/C
Ghex			ghex/help/C
Ghostview		ggv/help/C
Performance Meter	gperfmeter/doc/C
Sound Recorder		gnome-media/grecord/doc/C
System Details		system-details/help/C
System Log		gnome-utils/logview/help/C
Terminal		profterm/help/C

Application Manuals Soon to Go Back:

Dictionary		Same as gnome-dictionary applet
Process Manager		To go back this week.
Print Manager		To go back next week.