scrollkeepr problems

Well I finally managed to make sure my xml stuff was setup correctly,
fired up the nice new yelp from cvs only to discover it listed no docs
apart from 'Writing scrollkeeper omf files' and man and info pages.
Curious as to why this should be I thought that possibly SK needed to
update it's db and couldn't because it was owned by root.
So I went into the build directory (for gnome-games which is what I've
been trying to get working) and ran scrollkeeper-update which I
understood would scan all the directories below this for omf files to
install.It came back with a bunch of error's basically saying that the
OMF files weren't valid  I was pretty sure they were as I'd followed the
guidelines on the SK site to set them up, but I used xmllint to check
them anyway against the sk dtd. there were no errors. I poked around for
a bit more then came across the scrollkeeper-install test on the SK
site. I tried this and it worked perfectly. So I tried running
scrollkeeper-install as root to install the files, they worked and this
doc now shows up in Yelp properly.
I think all this means that the command we are using in omf.make
(scrollkeeper-update) doesn't work and this is why docs aren't getting
registered.

Comments?
Chris