Re: help and caching

On 20 Jun 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

> tor 2002-06-13 klockan 01.22 skrev Sander Vesik:
>
> Hi!
>
> Sorry for the long delay in reading the mail.
>
> > would contain the pre-rendended document "fragments" in the form of
> > sectid.html, which would be used if help is requested for that particular
> > doc/locale combination (falling back to C) *if* the timestamp on the file
> > is newer than that of the xml document and the stylesheet.
> >
> > 	yelp-pregenerate docname locale
>
> Who would execute this command?

As per the proposal, by the admin / package. So you can have localised
docs installed relatively cheaply. It also voids all the 'this must be
setuid binary' problems, which is probably more important in practice.

> And when?
>
> And I think it would be better to use the same scheme we do know, ie.
> save it as entire-document.html with the comments that we have between
> chunks now.
>
> That way Yelp can read the entire document and store it in memory at
> once, which will make browsing between sections faster.

I think there was a reason I thought the fragments were good, but i can't
recall it at the moment 8-(

> Regards,
>   Mikael Hallendal
>
> --
> Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
> CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
> Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in