Re: help and caching

fre 2002-06-21 klockan 18.40 skrev Sander Vesik:
> On 20 Jun 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
>
> > tor 2002-06-13 klockan 01.22 skrev Sander Vesik:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Sorry for the long delay in reading the mail.
> >
> > > would contain the pre-rendended document "fragments" in the form of
> > > sectid.html, which would be used if help is requested for that particular
> > > doc/locale combination (falling back to C) *if* the timestamp on the file
> > > is newer than that of the xml document and the stylesheet.
> > >
> > > 	yelp-pregenerate docname locale
> >
> > Who would execute this command?
> >

> As per the proposal, by the admin / package. So you can have localised
> docs installed relatively cheaply. It also voids all the 'this must be
> setuid binary' problems, which is probably more important in practice.

OK, so what you are proposing is the KDE way of doing it. Make the
db2html conversion at install time. (I hope you don't mean that the
admin is going to generate the documents manually whenever a user asks
for it?)

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/