Re: Lampadas development plans

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 11:26:33PM -0500, Eric Baudais wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 00:01, David Merrill wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:56:34PM -0500, Eric Baudais wrote:
> > > We also need searching on the status, writing, and accuracy fields too.
> > > This is very important because we need to group the documents according
> > > to their status in the document life cycle.
> >
> > Do you want a percentage complete field for each of these? And maybe a
> > completion date?
>
> I was just trying to point out that we want to search on these fields
> too and that is as important as searching on the metadata.  I think the
> gradations are fine for them.  The idea is to search gnome-applets for
> all the writing->pending.  Or maybe a new documenter wants to search in
> gnome-office for all status->wishlist to see what docs are available to
> write.  It is these types of search capabilities we are most interested
> in.

Thanks for clarifying.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Software evolves. It isn't designed. The only question is how strictly you
_control_ the evolution, and how open you are to external sources of
mutations.
		-- Linus Torvalds, lmkl