Re: Shortened titles in OMFs and Yelp

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 03:53:11PM +0200, Martijn van Beers wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 09:20:40AM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 06:29, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > [snip
> > >
> > > Just ripping out GNOME and Manual will probably make some title's look
> > > totally b0rked. I think it has to be handled by both the OMF _and_ Yelp.
> > > Also, Yelp doesn't only show GNOME documents.
>
> Why does everyone think this is an OMF problem?? It is not. The obvious
> (well, you'd think it'd be obvious) solution is to fix yelp's handling
> of titles that aren't ridiculously short.

Yes.

Yelp will be serving LDP document, won't it? And KDE documents? In
fact, any document that is submitted into ScrollKeeper? You will not
have control over every document that is in there, so Yelp had better
be able to handle them.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Software evolves. It isn't designed. The only question is how strictly you
_control_ the evolution, and how open you are to external sources of
mutations.
		-- Linus Torvalds, lmkl