Re: Announcing omfgen 0.0

On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 11:15, Mark Levitt wrote:
> OK, I know I've come to the party late, but can someone explain what omfgen
> is for?  :)

Ya know in Nautilus, how there is the Help tab?  That tree is generated
using OMF files with Scrollkeeper.  It's a very nifty set of scripts and
stuff like that.  I like it a lot.  The problem?  VERY few people know
how to use it well.  That is why there aren't many applications that are
sorted in the tree.

I realized this was a large problem and decided to write omfgen.  omfgen
will take a couple of command line arguments, and output your .omf file,
Makefile.am, and break them up into directories (only available to me at
this point in time, need a new release).  This way, a writer doesn't
really need to know much about Makefiles or OMF to get their stuff in
the tree.

I hope this helps!

Kevin