Re: GDP GNOME 2 release team minutes

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:06:40PM +1000, Nicholas Curran wrote:
[snip]
> What is involved in keeping
> the DocTable up-to-date?  If it is not too much, I may be able to help
> in this regard.

Thanks! That's great.

The first thing, if you haven't already done it, is to get a DocTable
account. Dan Mueth (d-mueth uchicago edu) can help there, I think. Be
patient on waiting for a reply - he just got a new job and has been
pretty busy lately.

The second thing to do (and you can start gathering the information
while you're waiting) is to start going through app by app and
figuring out their status.

The first place to look is on dotplan, the GNOME 2 planning site. The
module release engineering list includes everything that's in GNOME 2.

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/modules/

Ones that are obsolete you can mark that way in the application name
section and remove the version number (see "gnome-run" for an
example). For the ones that are in GNOME 2, you can bump the version
number up to 2 and contact the author to see what the status is,
adding a note to the "last updated".

You'll find several people who are trying to keep track of the main
packages may be helpful - me for gnome-utils and gnome-core, Trevor
Curtis (tcurtis somaradio ca) for the applets, Dan Mueth for Nautilus.

If you have any ideas for a better way to do this, feel free to
suggest them. It's something of a wasteland right now.

Cheers,

John