Re: GDP GNOME 2 release team minutes

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 gnome-doc-list-request gnome org wrote:

> From: John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net>
>
> Minutes of the GDP GNOME 2 Release Team, Jan. 19, 02

	What is this team? How does one get on this team? Who are these
people? What companies do they work for? Which tasks are they each
responsible for?

	Where did this meeting take place? Was this a face-to-face meeting
or did it happen on the #docs IRC channel? How come no information (that I
was aware of) about it was posted on developer.gnome.org?

> * Status of docs build and conversion to XML for the various packages
>
>   - We're mostly nowhere here. gnome-utils has been converted,
>     gnome-core is underway. Trevor said gnome-applets is under control
>     and will be ready in time. No one has stepped forward to take
>     charge of gnome-games.

	How can we [people not at the meeting] know the current status of
this conversion? CVS diffs? Or do you just communicate these matters to
each other in clandestine meetings by word of mouth?

	Why don't you keep DocTable updated? Why don't you post status
reports to developer.gnome.org more frequently? To someone not in your
clique, it's hard to understand what's going on. (Much less figure how to
get involved.)

-- Kevin Conder, kevin kevindumpscore com