Re: CSS for Help Docs

ons 2002-02-06 klockan 13.52 skrev Calum Benson:
> Alex Larsson wrote:
>
> > Calum Benson wrote:
> >
> > > In other words, I guess, it sounds like we need an option in Yelp that
> > > lets the user choose which stylesheet to use to display GNOME help
> > > docs-- default, high contrast, low contrast, big print etc.
> >
> > Yeah. Sounds good.
> >
> > I'm unsure of the current CSS state in GtkHTML2, but barring any
> > unimplemented stuff this should be possible. The problem is that the code
> > is somewhat distributed. The html generation code for man pages and info
> > pages are in libgnome, and needs to be updated to use CSS. I have no
> > idea how  docbook stuff is done with respect to stylesheets, but i doubt
> > it's hard to fix. And then we may need some code in yelp to select between
> > alternate stylesheets in the html pages.
>

> Sounds cool, it would be great if we could get something like this into
> Yelp before the UI freeze  :)

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away on vacation for a week.
Since I believe that the UI freeze is tomorrow it won't happen, but what
is the purpose of the UI freeze. Is it for documentation guys (so that
they can start taking screen shots and describe them).

I might be able to add something like this, (if it should be implemented
in Yelp, might be some other desktop-wide setting)? If it is, it can be
used in other programs that can be used to watch help, like
Galeon,Nautilus,...

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/