Re: CSS for Help Docs

Calum Benson wrote:

>> Calum Benson (Usability Engineer) wrote:
>> > It looks nice, but there probably needs to be a way of turning off the
>> > coloured backgrounds for those users with certain vision deficiencies
>>
>> If you (Calum) believe that they are not light enough now, I can easily
>> add a stylesheet that simply removes the colours from the original, that
>> Yelp could use on top of the normal CSS.
>
> That might be a good start, although unfortunately it only solves the
> problem for people who need high contrast, not those who need low
> contrast  :/

In other words, I guess, it sounds like we need an option in Yelp that
lets the user choose which stylesheet to use to display GNOME help
docs-- default, high contrast, low contrast, big print etc.

What are the chances of seeing something like that in Yelp anytime
soon?  Or are there at least any GtkHTML2 config files that can be poked
by the user to point at their choice of stylesheet?  One of the reasons
for choosing Yelp for GNOME 2.0 was that it's the easiest help browsing
solution to make accesible, it would be a shame if we fell down at the
last hurdle...

Cheeri,
Calum.