Re: printable (PS, PDF, ...) version of Gnome Doc Style Guide?

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 04:21:47PM +0000, Pat Costello wrote:
> Who? Randall J. Parr, When? 08 Dec 2002, What? Well, read on...
>
> > I ran accross the GNOME Documentation Style Guide.
> > Looks very interesting.
> > Is there a downloadable and/or a printable version available somewhere?
> >
> > Thanks
> > R.Parr
> > Temporal Arts
> >
> Randall,
>
> I don't know the trick of turning an xml book into a printable pdf file. If
> someone else on the gnome-doc-list will tell me how to do this action, then I
> will attempt to create a printable file for you.

If you have PassiveTeX (http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Software/passivetex/)
and Tim Waugh's xmlto (http://cyberelk.net/tim/xmlto/) package
installed, then it is simply a matter of running

	xmlto --extensions pdf style-guide.xml

(things can be customised -- see the xmlto man page for details).

If I get time this evening, I'll give this a shot as well, since I have
a working setup already.

Malcolm

--
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.