Re: Documentation Bugs -> Need a system?

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 07:16:08AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Um, I really wish I could file bugs against myself. :-) In the mean time,
> I'm wondering where I should file bugs such as "we need documentation about
> XYZ topic".
>
> There doesn't seem to be a generalised documentation bugzilla product, but
> perhaps there should be, especially with talk of a more integrated
> documentation project (cf. mails from Eric and John last week, which I
> thought were great, btw).

This sounds like a good idea. Maybe a "gnome-docs" product in Bugzilla?

> Anyway, here's a few bits and pieces that I have been either working on, or
> inspired to work on:
>
>   - New GNOME Hacker's Guide (inspired by Mad Raving Luis)
>   - GNOME Maintainer's Guide (working on)
>   - GNOME Style Guide Compendium (discussion stage with usability, docs and
>     accessibility dudes)
>   - GNOME 2.0 Introduction (discussion stage with Mikael and Glynn)
>
> Obviously, some of these can be helped by existing documentation (user FAQ,
> various developer docs that Luis pointed out), so any help is appreciated.

These sound all like good ideas. I'm especially interested in the last
one. I'd like to hear more about what Mikael and Glynn have in mind,
and I'd like to help. Seth also had talked about something along these
lines.

Cheers,
John

--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner