Re: Newbie wants to get involved!

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 13:15, Daniel Rees wrote:
> At 05:23 27/10/2001, Eric Baudais wrote:
> >Daniel-
> >It's great you want to help!  The first thing you need is to install docbook,
> >docbook-stylesheets, libxslt and libxml2 on your Linux system.  All our
> >documentation is written in DocBook.  There are some good tutorials on the
> >web about DocBook.  Some must reads are the GNOME Handbook and the GNOME
> >Documentation Style Guide.  They are located at
> >http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/resources.html
>
> I've zapped over to ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com and I'm downloading the
> files in docbook-tools, as mentioned in the Handbook. I've also found
> libxslt and libxml2 on rpmfind.net, which I will install with the RedHat
> 7.2 disks I am waiting for.

I'm slow, I know..  I'll do the handbook next week, now that I've got a
few other things out of the way.  We don't have any "simple to use"
tools just yet, although I do have a makefile set up for building docs.
http://www.ibiblio.org/gleblanc/Makefile.html It comes with some
instructions.  Note that the 'xml.gz' target is broken, until I think on
it a bit more, and that it's not very smart about when to rebuild the
docs.

libxml2 and libxslt come with Red Hat 7.2, although the versions on
rpmfind.net are slightly newer.
	Greg