Re: Newbie wants to get involved!

At 05:23 27/10/2001, Eric Baudais wrote:
Daniel-
It's great you want to help!  The first thing you need is to install docbook,
docbook-stylesheets, libxslt and libxml2 on your Linux system.  All our
documentation is written in DocBook.  There are some good tutorials on the
web about DocBook.  Some must reads are the GNOME Handbook and the GNOME
Documentation Style Guide.  They are located at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/resources.html

I've zapped over to ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com and I'm downloading the files in docbook-tools, as mentioned in the Handbook. I've also found libxslt and libxml2 on rpmfind.net, which I will install with the RedHat 7.2 disks I am waiting for.

Some projects that need docs people are: Gnumeric (contact me or jody), GIMP
(contact Rebecca or #gimp), and probably others.  Just ask around.

Gnumeric sounds interesting - otherwise I guess I just e-mail people listed on the Doctable asking if they need help?

Thanks for your help.

Daniel Rees
dan dwrees co uk