Re: Newbie wants to get involved!

Warning: GDP handbook describes using Docbook 3.1 SGML; we are right
now moving to Docbook XML 4.1. Thus, Handbook is actually outdated and
will be updated shortly. In the meanwhile, you can take a look at the
short manual on getting DocBook 4.1 XMl installed on your system which
you can find at
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/dbxml/

Sasha