Re: the DTD (was Re: switching to Docbook 4.1 XML)

On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 10:58, John Fleck wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:47:23AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 08:17:31AM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> > > This all suggests something I hadn't thought of. For reasonable
> > > performance for gnome-db2html3, we will need to ensure that the DTD is
> > > installed on users' machines. Has someone already thought this
> > > through? How do we go about this?
> >
> >   Make sure people install the Dtd locally. Can be done as a requirement
> > from the packaging system, or a check easilly made at runtime.
> >

> Right, but do we make a the DocBook DTD package a requirement, or do
> we install it ourselves?

We make the DocBook DTD package a requirement, clearly.  We're using the
standard DocBook DTD, as are lots of other projects.  To ship our own
version simply doesn't make good sense.  We should do the same thing
with Norm's stylesheets as well (although we need to ship our
customization layer ourselves).
	Greg