Re: Gnome-term docs.

Dear Soeren:
let me as one of the authors of the Gnome-terminal docs answer you.

Preferences:  they are saved automatically as soon as
you press OK in the "Preferences" dialog. Any new terminal you launch
after this will  have these new preferences. It is not explicitly
mentioned in the docs because this is the default behavior of all
apps: all preferences dialogs work like this. Maybe I should make it
more explicit.

As for cut-and-paste buffer: If I understand correctly, you mean the
buffer that stores text you selected with the mouse? This buffer
(clipboard) is actually handled by X Window System (correct me if I am
wrong), and I do not think it can be changed in any easy way. On the
other hand, it is pretty large - I haven't yet been able to fill
it. Or do you mean the number of lines you can scroll back? This
indeed can be configured and is covered in the docs (section "Configurable
options", subsection Scrolling)

Hope it helps.

Best,
Sasha