Integrating DocBook documentation into my project

[please CC replies to cactus cactus rulez org]

Hi,

With the help of Kevin Conder, I've created XSL style sheets to create
DocBook from my own home-grown format.

So now I naturally want to distribute the documentation in proper format.
Basically, I'd like to automate the following steps in the Makefile.am
file:
	1, optionally re-creating the DocBook from my own format
	2, creating [X]HTML documentation from the DocBook
	3, installing the documentation
	4, registering the documentation via ScrollKeeper

I am already checking for 'xsltproc' in my Autoconf script, so #1 should
be pretty easy. However, I'm completely lost with #2-#4. Are there any
DocBook-to-XHTML XSLs around? Can I rely on them being installed at the
user or should I (via some Automake magic) include the HTML in the dist
tarball as well?
Is there a well-defined central location for storing documentation? Or is
this automatically handled by ScrollKeeper? What do I do with ScrollKeeper
anyway?

So basically I have a bunch of questions that I think can be relevant to
other projects as well. Is there a step-by-step guide to deploying
documentation of a GNOME project?

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001