Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] question re: marking index terms

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 09:35:46AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> What I'm really having a problem understanding is how we make the help
> browser and scrollkeeper talk together for this index.  Looking at the
> first markup that Mary gave an example of, there is no "id" tag for
> these index terms.  Without an id tag, I'm not sure how the help browser
> would know which occurance of the indexterm to link to.

I think the ScrollKeeper indexing must be able to support this type of
index markup, by keeping track of the id of the enclosing block (sect or
whatever). It's important that we have a tool that is general, and can
be applied to all valid DocBook, rather than trying to force our
writers to use a subset.

--
John Fleck
jfleck swcp com (h)