Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] question re: marking index terms

On 28 Mar 2001 13:47:59 +0100, Laszlo Kovacs wrote:

[snip]
> > Ok, those are my assumptions, I would be grateful if people could
> > confirm/correct them so that I can ascertain how index markers
> > should be used in scrollkeeper-compatible documents.
> >

> Anybody knows which of these "jumps" are supported right now by
> gnome-db2html2?

Chances are that it's not supported.  gnome-db2html2 has a limited set
of functionality that it supports at this point.  I don't expect that
GNOME could deploy with good indexes in a release prior to GNOME 2.0,
which means that we should be able to do things using XSLT rather than
gnome-db2html2, which will give us much more complete functionality than
we could hope to provide with gnome-db2html2.

    Greg