Re: Adding some GNU documentation

On 05 Jul 2001 08:36:29 -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I don't know.  What benefits would that provide?  I don't have a way
> to produce those format myself; what formats can you generate them
> from?

The benefits are numerous. E.g., Structured markup for smarted searching
and better understanding for the disabled. Single source format for
creating many other formats.

You do not really want to generate from something into SGML/XML for the
most part. It takes more of a human touch to create a document in these
formats correctly.

Cheers,

Dave