Re: Standard docbook Makefile.am recipe

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> I have cooked up a fairly decent set of Makefile.am's under
> evolution/doc/devel/*.  They only rebuild the documentation when the
> source files change and in general it seems that they do the right
> thing.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?  If it is actually doing the right thing, we
> may want to create templates out of them and put them in the gtk-doc
> documentation.

I've been thinking of changing gtk-doc so it doesn't overwrite the tmpl/
and sgml/ files if they don't need to be changed. i.e. it will write to
a temporary file first and do a cmp to see if it has changed. (Is cmp
portable by the way, or is it safer to do this in Perl?)
That should cut down on a lot of unnecessary rebuilding of the HTML.

I meant to do this over Xmas but my brother bought me Deus Ex so I've been
playing that instead :(

Damon