Re: Standard docbook Makefile.am recipe

John Kodis <john kodis gsfc nasa gov> writes:

> I tried building the evolution docs, and ran into problems caused by
> my not having gtkdoc-{mktmpl,mkdb,scanobj} installed.

Well, the problem is in my Makefiles; they do not properly take into
account the case where gtk-doc is not installed :-)

I am fixing this right now; will commit later.

> This concerns me a bit, in that these pregrams represent yet another
> prerequesite for working on the documentation.  Where can these
> program be found?  I'd still like to see how the evolution
> documentation gets built.

You can simply check out the gtk-doc module from CVS and install it.
I don't know if there are relased tarballs, but the CVS version works
fine.

Basically, anyone who wants to hack on API documentation will need to
have gtk-doc installed.  It is a pretty nifty package.

  Federico