Re: Recorded Docs (was Re: GNOME Users Guide)

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:01:25PM +0200, Ali Abdin wrote:

> No it wouldn't. It would be best to have it in ogg format!!!! :)

Well, they will be recorded/edited as 24bit 44.1kHz SoundDesignerII format, but
after that I can convert them into anything. :)

> I don't think it is worth doing until we have a nice way of actually
> playing these files ;)

There are plenty of ways to play these files. :) (but none are intergrated
specifically for this.)

My view is why wait? If someone actually uses this between the time the
recording/editing is finished and a hacker get some intergration into I think
would be nautilus, then it will be worth it. I see this as the old chicken and
egg problem...  or is it the carrot in front of the horse? Heh.

I talked to Kevin on irc, what I think we'll do is a proof of concept demo.

> Perhaps somebody should talk with Sun about this since they are doing
> some GNOME Accessibility work

Who at Sun should we get in contact with?

--
All music aspires to the condition of muzak.