volume control

Dear sir/madam,

       I am a new user of RedHat Linux 7.0.

I am a high school student and recently started trying Linux,

I have used the Help provided by you in the Documentation, and added the sound

panel following all the instructions.

It is working properly, but I am not able to adjust the volume , the o/p is very

low (only for 16bit stereo) and I am not able to adjust or listen to ( 8bit mono)

i.e. panel expand and minimize, server startup etc.

It would be kind if you can mail me the help.

Thank you,

         venkat