Re: Style guide feedback

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 08:47:03AM -0800, Darin Adler offered:
> I guess I'm just used to "menu bar" because that's the style we used at
> Apple, back before there were menu bars on most other computers. See Apple's
> style guide:
> <http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macos8/pdf/apple_styleguide00.pdf>.
>
> I think this is yet another Macintosh vs. Windows thing. People used to one
> style just think the other "seems wrong". This happens in user interface
> too, not just documentation.

Actually, I don't believe I'd ever seen the word written until I started
using "desktops" on Unix workstations. Weird.

ispell says this:

menubar
& menubar 33 0: menu bar, menu-bar, (then other totally unrelated
words)...

It does look weird to me, but I'm sure I look wierd to you... so it all
works out in the end. :)

What do the rest of ya think?

cheers,
TC