Re: Gnome Help Browser

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:57:09AM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> Sorry for being so slow, I still do not get it. You want *any* browser
> to be able to access url's like "info:emacs"? But then, not only you
> need to have some kind of server/port that does the
> scrollkeeper/man2html magic - that I can understand - but you also
> need to instruct each and every browser to query this port when
> resolving man or info or ghelp URL's. AFAIK, if you enter "man:grep"
> into "location" field of Netscape, it wouldn't know what to do with it
> at all - even if there is a "mini-server" on your machine that can
> handle this, Netscape wouldn't know about it.

Actually, no. I'm not sure what would be involved in making that
happen in a standard browser. However, I also don't think that feature
is important enough to justify it driving the system architecture.

Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org
Washington DC Protests http://www.lupercalia.net/dmca

So, three Code Reds and a SirCam later, the question just begs to be asked:

Who's calling whose code `Potentially Viral'?
	-- Naerbnic, on Slashdot