Re: Where we'll put docs for control-center

On 10 Aug 2001 10:32:39 -0400, Aaron Weber wrote:
> Sasha:
> "help" and "figures" it shall be, then.
> Uh, I don't have to change all the old ones, with "doc" and "fig", do I?

You don't have to, no.  But these docs do need to be moved, and it's not
really that big of a task.  A fair bit of it should be done via CVS
surgery, so histories and such are preserved.  Here's a quick and dirty
rundown, as I remember from working with Dan on this.

1) Find docs that are in docs and images that are in figs
2) create new help and help/figures directories, and cvs add them
3) email list of directories who's contents need to be -copied- to
cvsmaster gnome org, or to myself, gleblanc linuxweasel com  IRC works
too, I'm usually around, but most of the other people capable of CVS
surgery aren't
4) get a reply from cvsmaster that the copies are complete, and confirm
by updates your sources from CVS (-d flag is needed)
5) change Makefile.am to point to the new directories
6) remove the contents of the old directories

If you've got CVS access, and know of docs that are broken, go for it.
:)
	Greg