Re: Alternate Proposals to Nautilus

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:16:41AM -0500, Eric Baudais wrote:

> The problem with making a new application is finding a hacker to code it.
> This is not an easy task.  We've had multiple hackers code the
> gnome-db2html[1-3] back end.

Drake nailed it here.

I have no problem with an alternative, lightweight browser that
embodies the functionality we have now in Nautilus - a
Scrollkeeper-generated list of docs, indexing-to-come. But if we want
to go anywhere with this discussion, we need a hacker to build the
thing. That's not easy, which is why I've ended up doing significant
parts of gnome-db2html2 and 3 myself (and if anyone has seen my code,
you understand what a bad idea that is :-)

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/