Re: Where we'll put docs for control-center

On 10 Aug 2001 15:06:37 -0400, Aaron Weber wrote:
> I'm not sure that we do have a choice. I suppose that the users could
> use any other sgml or xml-rendering software to browse the help docs.  I
> don't know that there *are* any others, but it would be possible to do
> that.
>
> But realistically, we need to make sure that our docs are readable, and
> we need to make sure that the tools we provide are acceptable to our
> users.  I guess that means "make nautilus faster or embed db2html3 in
> gnome-help-browser."

Neither of these are the right solution.  gnome-help-browser code hasn't
been touched in ages, and there are more than a few things that it's
never done.  For our current users, Nautilus is THE way to go,
regardless of what anybody feels. For GNOME 2.0, as I know we discussed
(we being about 3 people, but whatever) in another thread on this list,
it would be nice to move the XML -> HTML conversion out of Nautilus,
into some common module, perhaps libgnome.  (The thread was on the GNOME
2.0 help API)  I don't know if anything has been done about this, but it
will need to be done.  Hmm, I don't know where the API changes are at
either...  Anybody know about those better than myself?
	Greg