Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] structure of extracted index page

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Use some property of the input element to generate this ID.
> Example:
>
> <doc>
>      <row/>
>      <row/>
>      <row>
>           <para/>
>           <colum/>
>           <colum/>
>           <colum/>
>           <colum>
>               <element_without_ID/>
>           </colum>
>
> Associate it the following ID: SK_3_5_1 (child sequence when going from the
> root).
> Both programs would compute the same ID since it's based on the structure
> of the input document (shared). This is based on the child sequence mechanism
> of XPointer.
>
> problem: it doesn't resist well to changes in the input, but in this case
>          I assume it's not a problem.
>
> Daniel

This could be a good idea. But it might make Scrollkeeper Gnome
dependent. Unless we come up with a common stylesheet that Scrollkeeper
exports and suggests to be used by whatever rendering mechanism is
implemented in the browser. It still might be a too tight connection
though.

Laszlo