Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] structure of extracted index page

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 12:13:25PM +0100, László Kovács wrote:
> > > Yes, sections with no IDs are ignored  during TOC extraction.
> >
> >   Hum, this should probably be improved ...

  That is sure.

> > C.f. my other mail for a possible technical solution.

  Now whether XPointer can help w.r.t. the addressability then it really
depends what need to be addressed.

> Are you talking about the XPointer email? I dont understand how that
> helps us here. Our problem is that if a section does not have a unique
> id then Scrollkeeper and gnome-db2html[2|3] can jump there only if they
> generate an id to this section which is the same in both Scrollkeeper
> and the convertor.

  What do you mean by jump here:
    - if the here is an XML document, then I assume the document is
      handled by libxml and hence XPointer can be used
    - if the here is an HTML document, then XSLT has a
      generate-id() function which can be used to generate a unique ID
      for this element, and pointing is also possible using the existing
      #name framework.

Did i missed something ?

Daniel