Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] structure of extracted index page

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 01:47:47PM +0100, László Kovács wrote:
> > Did i missed something ?
>
> Yes, we have two systems parsing the same document (scrollkeeper and
> gnome-db2html[2|3]) and they can cooperate only if they generate the
> same "unique" id. I think this is our problem as this seems to be
> impossible.

  Use some property of the input element to generate this ID.
Example:

<doc>
     <row/>
     <row/>
     <row>
	  <para/>
          <colum/>
          <colum/>
          <colum/>
          <colum>
	      <element_without_ID/>
	  </colum>

Associate it the following ID: SK_3_5_1 (child sequence when going from the
root).
Both programs would compute the same ID since it's based on the structure
of the input document (shared). This is based on the child sequence mechanism
of XPointer.

problem: it doesn't resist well to changes in the input, but in this case
	 I assume it's not a problem.

Daniel