Re: Concerning about gnome-users-guide

    Dan> Hi Christopher,

    Dan> [I hope you don't mind I'm cc'ing gnome-doc-list since this
    Dan> issue is of general interest and is likely to come up again
    Dan> in the future.]

Any problem.

    >> Hi Dan,
    >>
    >> the 1.4 gnome users guide is a nice document, but I've a doubt
    >> about it. The users guide include the nautilus user guide as-is
    >> as it comes from the nautilus package. The Nautilus users guide
    >> provides a section about the eazel services. Now, I think that
    >> would be bettere to have a separate document for the eazel
    >> services, available from the nautilus help menu, instead of
    >> having it inside the whole gnome users guide, since the gnome
    >> users guide it's a gnome-related document and, in my point of
    >> view, must not include commercial stuff/advertising.
    >>
    >> So, I suggests to have the eazel services doc removed from the
    >> gnome-users-guide, providing it as a separate document from the
    >> nautilus help menu or whatever.
    >>
    >> Comments?

    Dan> I completely agree.  The GNOME User's Guide should just
    Dan> describe the core of GNOME itself.  The Eazel services are
    Dan> not a core part of GNOME.

I suggests you also to split the nautilus users guide into 2 separate
things, the guide itself and the services guide, and have in Nautilus
a menu item like "about eazel services" or whatever. Perhaps this item
can hide if nautilus is not configured with
--enable-eazel-services.

    Dan> Chris - could you comment out / remove the section of the
    Dan> User Guide that describes Eazel Services?  It is: GNOME
    Dan> User's Guide -> Nautilus User Manual -> Eazel Services

I suppose that 'Chris' is Chris Lyttle, so I'm going to remove the
eazel stuff just from the italian translation of the UG.

--
Christopher R. Gabriel <cgabriel softwarelibero org>
www.linux.it/~cgabriel/ - persone.softwarelibero.org/person/cgabriel

When I'm good I'm really good, when I'm bad.. I'm better.