Re: nautilus sgml viewer.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Mathieu Lacage wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I have spent some time playing with the current converter:
>
>         1) entity support seems to be really broken.

Can you tell me exactly WHAT is broken with respect to entity support???
The only thing I know of is things like — and …

And yes, entity support is broken because we are using libxml 1.x and the
SAX parser. According to Daniel we should switch to DOM, but we can't
switch to DOM because we are using DocBook SGML not DocBook XML.

>         2) my sgml does not generate valid html output (ie:
>         closed.) reproduce with cvs nautilus.sgml.

Probably a bug somewhere. John Fleck wrote a bug report about it which he
might look in to (I have midterms and RL "problems" at the moment that
are occupying my time).

>         3) embedded iamges are not working. ie: they are not displayed.

This problem has been filed in the bug tracker (it is more of a Mozilla
URI handling problem actually).

> 3) is more a pb of mozilla limitations... Fixing is not such a big
> deal: it just involves generating html with img tags which have an
> src field pointing to: "file:///gnome/share/gnome/help/nautilus/C/img.png"
>
> I fixed 1) by generating only ONE sgml file....
> I just have no time to fix 2)
>
> I guess we will ship db2htmlized html docs for PR2 hoping to find time
> to fix the htmlizer soon.
>
> Any other suggestions are welcome.

If gnome-db2html2 doesn't work for you, then ship HTML docs.
gnome-db2html2 isn't a "replacement" for db2html, but we are trying to
make as many things as possible work.

Regards,
Ali