Re: Improving the docs...

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Dan Mueth wrote:

> Which document(s) did you download?  I am guessing you are referring to
> the GNOME 1.2 Users Guide.

I grabbed them from the site using a spider. The version is 1.2 indeed.

> Plain text would probably be the easiest way to list these improvements.
> Our original format is SGML, not HTML, so plain text would be easier to
> merge back than HTML.  Perhaps you could take before and after snippits of
> each sentence you change so we can just search through the docs by hand.

If you would be willing to send me the originals, I could edit those and
send you the "corrected" files plus the diffs.

> Thanks for your help.  Having a second or third pair of eyes reading over
> each document always helps out.

Glad to help. The product I see is worth it. With that I mean the
documentation, although I suspect I will like Gnome itself too, the team
did a great job writing it.

Grx HdV (Hans)

--
"Perl - The only language that looks
the same before and after RSA encryption."

J.A. de Vries aka HdV
Delft University of Technology
Computing Centre

Email: J A deVries DTO TUDelft NL