Re: Improving the docs...

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 HdV DTO TUDelft NL wrote:

> Hi Gnome-doc-maintainers,
>
> A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the documentation for Gnome. Since then
> I've been reading it in my spare time (a sparse thing, isn't it? }:-) and
> have jotted down some notes while doing that (actually more than one per
> printed page). I am not using Gnome yet (I just was enchanted when I found
> out Sun planned to use it for their desktops), so the corrections (at least
> they are in my eyes) are only about the use of language. I am not a native
> speaker of English, but I think my level of understanding is sufficient for
> this. If you are interested, I'll "digitize" my corrections in the HTML
> pages themselves and send it to you. This could take a couple of days, since
> I do not have too much time for this. I am willing to assist in reviewing
> documents in the future if you need such a person.

Hi HdV,

Which document(s) did you download?  I am guessing you are referring to
the GNOME 1.2 Users Guide.

Plain text would probably be the easiest way to list these improvements.
Our original format is SGML, not HTML, so plain text would be easier to
merge back than HTML.  Perhaps you could take before and after snippits of
each sentence you change so we can just search through the docs by hand.

Thanks for your help.  Having a second or third pair of eyes reading over
each document always helps out.

Dan