Re: XSL/XSLT (was Re: A thought:)

Ali Abdin wrote:

> According to cocoon though, it is too complex to be a run-time thing so I
> don't know.

Cocoon works just fine for run-time XML/XSLT => HTML translation -- that
was its original application.  I've used it that way myself, and was
very
happy with it.  The implementation might be complex (I didn't look at
the
Java source), but deployment is straighforward (at least, in a
web/servlet
environment) and the run-time cost isn't obscenely high.

This was under Solaris, though.  I agree with the concern that somebody
expressed about relying on Java-based tools in the Linux and *BSD
environments.

FYI,

Zach