RE: XSL/XSLT (was Re: A thought:)

Oh, good point.  Take a look at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/ for some more
info.

> Also - some of the difficult things we do in C
> (gnome-db2html2) looks like
> they can be more easily done in XSLT (especially since we use
> the SAX API (and
> not DOM))

Cool.  I'm really looking forward to post-1.4 for docs people, it will give
us an opportunity to change a few things, and add a bunch of versatility to
our docs (I hope).  We've still got a lot to do before 1.4 is ready though
(yeah, I'm reading mail instead of working)

> > > 3) A third program transforms the original XML document into
> > > some other
> > > format (often HTML) before the document is placed on the
> > > server. Both server
> > > and client only deal with the post-transform document.
> >
> > db2html is here.
>
> db2html is too slow. I am talking about "run-time"
> transformation (we won't
> know until we get decent tools for it).

But option 3 above is NOT a run-time solution.  It's a "build time"
solution, which is what db2html is.  I don't think it's a good idea, but I
think that's what it's talking about.  Later,
	Greg