Re: A thought:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, rjp mail tele dk wrote:
> Is this something that changes frequently? the exact info I mean?
> if so it might be nice as an entity so we don't have to manually
> change the pages or run a whatever-it's-called search-replace
> thingie on a large number of documents every time it changes.
> otherwise a more standard DTD would be nicer. IMO.  of course i am
> new to all this.

Hi!

Opinions from people like you, that are using these tools daily and
that at the same time are new to them, are what I consider the most
important.

Sometimes (all the time?) when a developer works too much with one
thing, he doesn't see some basic steps that should be documented or
skipped or changed... We get too much used to them :-)

I don't think these should change so often. I like having a customized
DTD to add such macros and some other things. But, David Mason is much
more experienced than I am, I'm thinking if it is good or not to have
a DTD with such customization on it...

Of course, others might be added such as GDP's web page, Gnome's site,
etc. All these small things that are used all over the document and
that might, one day, change.

I think this is more a matter of development behaviour but as it is
very impactant on documenter's work, I think we should think carefully
on that.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy conectiva com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.